Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie. Check the squash with a fork. Add to the squash and blend until smooth with a hand mixer or immersion blender. Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell.
The photo of the Delicata Pie doesn't reflect the recipe. It looks like a squash pie with kale on the side. It's always helpful to include a weight as well as the ingredient. You can cook Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 4 of small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes.
- Prepare 2 of cups, water.
- You need 1 cup of cooked mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of vegan chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 2 cups of cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of each of chopped celery, onions and carrots.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce, 8oz.
- You need 1 cup of thinly sliced green chard.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Badia Mediterranean Blend.
- You need 3 of crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need to taste of Salt/pepper.
I don't really know the volume of squash I should be shooting. Add brown sugar, eggs, and heavy cream to squash. See great recipes for Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie too! Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat–turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. When it's ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended..
- Take a 8"or 9" casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!.
Give this great casserole a try, and watch everyone flock to the table. Add brown sugar, eggs, and heavy cream to squash. I was recently introduced to Delicata, a wonderful, creamy, sweet fleshed winter squash. These thin skinned, nutty/sweet flavored squash require no peeling! The skin is tender enough to eat once cooked.