Gluten free/Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes. Feel free to stack these sweet potato pancakes as high as you like, because they're both gluten and oil free 😉 Top them with all of your favorite fixings, too! Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos! Home » Recipes » Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pancakes.
These gluten free sweet potato pancakes are really all that you're gonna need in life to be happy about putting things in your mouth. Well these are maybe some whole wheat healthy pumpkin pancakes depending on if you're feeling like a tater or like some pumpkin spice. Fluffy and soft with a perfect level of sweetness, these make a great easy weekend breakfast or brunch, served with plenty of maple syrup and peanut butter. You can cook Gluten free/Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten free/Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
- It’s 1/3 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of egg replacer (I use 11/2tbl water and 1/2tbl ground flax).
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of olive or coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of agave nectar (maple syrup if not vegan).
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes- mashed or pureed.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutritional yeast or baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of gluten free flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of gluten free oats.
- You need of Brands used.
- You need 1 of "Bob's red mill all-purpose flour" contains potato starch, garbanzo bean, white sorghum, and fava bean flour.
- You need 1 of "Bob's red mill old fashioned rolled oats".
Remember these vegan sweet potato pancakes do require more time to cook than regular pancakes – the fact that they don't contain eggs means the moisture (in this case: coconut milk) needs additional time to burn off so to speak so that the center is cooked through. Great recipe for Gluten free/Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes. So yummy! sweet version here can easily be converted to a middle eastern feel with some onions, scallions, and almonds! Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, fluffy, moist, dairy-free, egg-free made with almond flour & sweet potatoes.
Gluten free/Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes step by step
- In a large bowl combine 1c milk and lemon juice. Add oats. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften.
- if using flax as egg replacer, combine and let stand 5 minutes to achieve egg like texture..
- Whisk together egg replacer, oil, agave nectar (maple syrup), remaining 1/3c milk, and mashed sweet potatoes. Add to oat mixture..
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, yeast (baking soda), and cinnamon..
- Lightly oil medium pan and preheat to medium heat. Pour desired sized pancakes. When bubbly and sides firm flip ave cook until golden brown.
- Top with desired dressing! syrup, pecans, etc..
Potato Latkes (Egg Free, Gluten free, Vegan) Dairy Free. Gluten Free. throwing together their potato pancakes from the vague memory of their Aunt Myrtle's method. So counting everyone's Aunt Myrtles, there are, let's say, one gazillion traditional family latke recipes floating around.. onion powder, and salt called for in . Place oats into a high speed blender and process until a flour is reached. Add in the remaining ingredients until a batter is formed.