Easy Vegan Pear Tarts. Vegan Cashew Crème Pear Tart with a Simple Almond Crust. It might look fancy, but Hannah makes every recipe easy with her friendly "hold your hand" instructions. She guides you through each step with descriptive and affirmative words.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a silpat, place thawed pastry puff on top. Cover the pastry puff with a light kitchen towel so it doesn't dry out, set aside away from the oven heat. Easy pear tart with puff pastry is one of my favorite tart recipes. You can cook Easy Vegan Pear Tarts using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Vegan Pear Tarts
- You need of Bosch pears (2 medium size).
- You need of Vegan butter (unsalted).
- It’s of Sugar (can use brown, cane, organic).
- You need of Ground cinnamon.
- You need of Ground nutmeg.
- It’s of Ground ginger (optional).
- It’s of Vegan wonton wraps (Nasoya company makes good ones).
It's perfect for Thanksgiving because it comes together in less than an hour and requires no fancy kitchen gadgetry! This is a simple, rustic pear tart that is made so much easier with the help of some store-bought puff pastry, no homemade pie dough needed! While the tart is freezing, peel and core the pears. Cut the pears into thin slices.
Easy Vegan Pear Tarts step by step
- Wash the pears. Peel them (optional) and dice into small cubes. In a skillet, add vegan butter (3 tbsp) and 1/2 cup of sugar. Once sugar has dissolved add the pears and cook on medium heat until tender. Set aside to cool..
- Preheat your oven to 350f or air fryer(I used the bread function in my airfryer).
- Unwrap the wontons and place about six or eight of them on a baking sheet. Once pears are cool enough to the touch, add about half a spoon in the center of a wonton. Cover with another wonton (use a bit of water on the edges of the wonton to help seal them) use a fork to press into the wontons to make seams and keep the filling from falling out. I cut a slit in the middle the same you would a pie to help steam come out and not break the dough..
- I baked them for about 10 to 12 minutes making sure to peek so they wont burn (some of them did bake a little too much) Once they cooled down, I ate them with a nice cup of hibiscus tea. Perfect little pie for kids too..
Remove the tart shell from the freezer. Gently align the pears in the tart shell in a decorative manner. Peel them (optional) and dice into small cubes. Once sugar has dissolved add the pears and cook on medium heat until tender. Cool tart for at least another hour before slicing with a thin, sharp knife dipped in cold water.