Vegan chorizo and veggie stew. Heat some oil, vegetable stock or water in a large pot and add the garlic, onion and red pepper. Vegan chorizo tends to behave quite differently from its non-vegan counterpart. So, instead of cooking the chorizo in the stew, we recommend frying the slices on their own before adding to the final stew.
I really love the combination of lentils and soy chorizo. This Vegan Lentil and Chorizo Soup is one of our family's favorite soup recipes! The soy chorizo adds so much depth of flavor. You can cook Vegan chorizo and veggie stew using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan chorizo and veggie stew
- It’s 4 of vegan chorizo sausages (I used Saunsburys) quartered.
- You need 1 tin of kidney beans.
- You need 1/2 bag of frozen broccoli defrosted (can also use fresh boiled).
- Prepare of Juice of half a lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 of jarred roasted peppers chopped.
- You need 1 of red chili chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
They're so thick and filling, and I make sure mine is chock full of good healthy starches and veggies. Like this recipe for my Hearty Vegetable Stew. I normally make a big pot of Chili to take for my work lunches, but yesterday I pulled this one out of the recipe folder, and boy am I glad I did! Vegan chorizo and veggie stew step by step.
Vegan chorizo and veggie stew step by step
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Heat a pan with the oil, onions and garlic till softened. Add the chorizo and cover to brown, about 4mins, uncovering to turn the chorizo half way..
- Add the kidney beans and both types of paprika and cook for a further 3 minutes covered. Add a splash of water if the mixture dries out..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook till thick. Season well with salt and pepper..
Heat a pan with the oil, onions and garlic till softened. This Slow Cooker Soy Chorizo Chili is a true comfort food, slow-simmered with nutritious veggies, and a thick, hearty, slightly spicy meaty sauce that is sure to be your favorite easy weeknight meal. There are times in your life when you stumble upon a store-bought food so delicious that it requires a recipe dedicated to it. The chorizo blends well with the veggie stew giving it somewhat a smoky taste and a bit of spiciness great for winter and even cold summer nights. The vegan pea soup is dairy-free, gluten-free, and a perfect side dish.