Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱. Add the mushroom and onion mixture plus herbs if using. Add the white sauce to the chicken mixture, then add just enough sauce to combine. Pour the pie filling into an oven-proof dish, preferably metal.
One of the recipes I created was this Creamy Mushroom & Leek Pie, which is so easy to make and absolutely diviiiiiiiiine. Easy to make and totally delicious, this Quorn Chicken Pie is a lovely vegetarian alternative to a roast dinner, but is quick enough to make on a busy weeknight too. I am a big Quorn fan and you will find lots of Quorn recipes on my blog , but this Quorn Chicken Pie is definitely one of my favourites. You can have Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱 using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱
- Prepare 200 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 100 g of chicken alternative (I used soya).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of plain flour.
- It’s of 1 teaspoon cornflour.
- It’s of 1 pinch salt and a few punches of white pepper.
- Prepare of Puff pastry lid (I bought ready rolled).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cashew milk.
Add the leek and mushroom mixture to a pie dish and top with the puff pastry, cutting off any excess pastry around the edges. Crimp the edges using a fork and score a criss-cross pattern on the top with a sharp knife. Finally, dip a pastry brush in a little dairy-free milk and brush the top of the pie, to help it brown. Skipped the pastry part and improvised a bit on the basic musical template of your chord changes.
Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱 step by step
- Clean and slice the mushrooms and cook in a little oil for s few minutes. Turn the head low and cook with a lid on until the mushrooms release juice..
- Add 2 teaspoons of butter and stir until melted. Add the flour and stir, making a roux with the mushroom juice. Slowly add the milk until you have a sauce. You can mix the cornflour with a little water and add a little to the sauce to create a thicker consistency..
- Add a little salt and plenty of white pepper. Transfer to a pie dish, cover with a pastry top (prick the pastry to allow the air to escape) and bake in a medium oven for about 18 minutes..
This vegan Chicken Style Country Mushroom Pie is packed with tasty plant based Chicken-style pieces in a creamy mushroom sauce for a tasty country style pie. Can be eaten cold, straight from the pack as a grab and go snack – or heated through and served with veg and chips on the side! Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour in vegetable stock and stir. Sauté until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown.