Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan. Great recipe for Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan. My Dad grew some gorgeous black skinned tomatoes this year but although beautiful they were a bit scary looking on crackers and in salad! I've used them to make this soup.
You've all heard of the drink but Bloody Mary soup is delicious too. It just sounds so much better on Halloween night than plain old tomato lol. See great recipes for Vickys One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta, GF DF EF SF NF too! You can have Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 800 grams of fresh tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 2 of large potato, diced.
- It’s 450 ml of vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried).
- It’s 1 tsp of (or to taste) granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of (or to taste) low sodium salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of tomato paste / puree.
- You need of oregano and basil.
- Prepare 60 mls of full fat coconut milk (optional).
See great recipes for Vickys Spinach & Avocado Spaghetti, GF DF EF SF NF too! Great recipe for Vickys Venison Chilli Con Carne, GF DF EF SF NF. This is a really comforting recipe, great for the colder months and it tastes even better the next day so I make enough to have leftovers! I love to use venison in mine as it's very lean and the addition of the red wine and cocoa.
Vickys Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat and gently fry off the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic until tender, around 10 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are well cooked and soft.
- Puree the soup until smooth, or ladle into a blender and blend smooth.
- Season by adding some tomato puree, basil, oregano and any extra salt / pepper / sugar to your own taste.
- If you like it a little bit creamier, stir through the 60mls of coconut cream, or oat or soy cream if your diet allows.
- Nice served with a cheese topped roll or toasted sandwich, I like to use Veganic brand vegan cheese which is made from coconut milk.
- Just for interest sake, these were my Dads black tomatoes.
Vegan Raspberry & Banana Raw Cheesecake Cups. Nesquik – Banana & Strawberry DF SF GF Chocolate DF GF. *Supermarket own brands normally contain the same ingredients – check before DF – Dairy Free SF – Soya Free EF – Egg Free. WF – Wheat Free NF – Nut Free. The information on this page was correct at the time of. Vickys Creamy Broccoli Soup GF DF EF SF NF.