Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Bars. Challenge Your Tastebuds with a Tempting Variety of Savory & Timeless Flavors. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars. These bars are loaded with peanut butter, oats, and other good for you ingredients. Perfect for a quick and healthy snack! You can have Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Bars using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- You need 4 cups of rolled oats.
- You need 1 cup of almond butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk chocolate chips (plus some for topping).
I just had to come back to the post to let you know this was the best peanut butter chocolate chip recipe I have ever made. They are made with whole grain oats making them as healthy as your morning bowl of oatmeal! The next thing on my menu were Chocolate Oatmeal Bars. What was making things even better was that the recipe is very simple to prepare.
Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overlap on the sides for easy removal..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. Fold in chocolate chips last..
- Pour into prepared baking dish and add 1-2 tbsp additional chocolate chips on top..
- Bake 15-20 minutes for a metal pan, closer to 30 minutes for a glass dish. It’s done when you pull up on the parchment paper and the sides pull away and are no longer mushy..
- Sprinkle with a little salt and let cool completely before cutting into bars..
Only a few simple and common ingredients like oats, flour, sugar and butter were enough for both oatmeal layers, while for the beautiful chocolate layer, I needed chocolate, sugar, butter and eggs. I swapped out the sugar here for pure maple syrup and have also cut way back on the sweetener in general, and I substituted peanut butter for the butter, for an added protein. Stir until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread the filling mixture over bottom crust in the baking pan, and then crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top. Easy No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars Just because you're tired of all that holiday cooking and baking doesn't mean you're tired of sweet treats !