BBQ Lime Ranch Salmon. Great recipe for BBQ Lime Ranch Salmon. Just another quick and easy weekday meal. 🙂 If you notice a little mess on my aluminum foil in the pics, it's because I re-used the foil from roasting broccoli yesterday. Also, the broccoli stems from making my Broccoli Raisin Slawlad ended up on the pan.
Salmon fillets – the main ingredient. Olive oil – keeps the exterior for drying and sticking.; Lime – adds so much bright flavor.; Garlic – adds another layer of flavor.; Mango Avocado Salsa Ingredients. Mango – adds fresh natural sweetness.; Red bell pepper – adds more texture and color.; Red onion – a little goes a long. You can have BBQ Lime Ranch Salmon using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BBQ Lime Ranch Salmon
- Prepare 1 of salmon fillet (any size, but 1 pound will feed 3 to 4 people. Mine was 1.5 today.).
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of onion powder.
- Prepare of Ranch dressing.
- It’s of BBQ sauce.
- It’s of fresh lime.
- You need 1 of green onion, finely chopped.
Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat grill and place salmon on grill flesh side down. The fresh lime juice and mustard add a nice tang to this moist and flaky grilled salmon. I came up with this marinade after tasting something similar at a friend's house and it is now one of our favorite ways to do fish.
BBQ Lime Ranch Salmon step by step
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly season salmon with salt and onion powder. Remember that the thicker portion requires a bit more salt than the belly and also that the much thinner belly part needs very little salt because it is so thin. That said, not all salmon fillets come with the belly and are much more uniform in thickness overall..
- Spread fillet with Ranch dressing. (For 1.5 pounds, I used about 3 Tablespoons.).
- Then spread fillet with BBQ sauce in the same quantity as Ranch dressing..
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the entire fillet and sprinkle with green onions..
- Roast in oven for 18 to 20 minutes..
- Enjoy! Today we had ours with Broccoli Raisin Slawlad (link in story) and bolillos..
You may also use other firm fish steaks instead of salmon; halibut, tuna and swordfish all work well. That said, not all salmon fillets come with the belly and are much more uniform in thickness overall. Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the entire fillet and sprinkle with green onions. Salmon tacos are a fresh and healthy alternative to traditional tacos. The salmon is generously rubbed with a spice mixture before it's grilled, then receives a splash of lime juice before hitting the tortilla with tomatoes, red onion, and a creamy avocado-ranch dressing.