Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. "This recipe makes a great summer dinner," says Gretchen Perkins of Richmond, Virginia. You will need: To marinate the shrimp To assemble the lettuce wraps, cut any large lettuce leaves into a comfortable serving size, discarding the hard stems. Place a couple of pan-grilled shrimp on each lettuce leaf, add some chopped vegetables, cilantro leaves.
Hoisin imparts a sweet and salty flavor to the smoky grilled shrimp and the sweet chili sauce gives the slaw a beautifully balanced bite. Nestle all the above into a tender Boston lettuce leaf and you have a hand-held treat that has few rivals. Lettuce wraps filled with tender spicy shrimp, avocado & tomato salsa and topped with a spicy jalapeno cilantro sauce. You can have Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- You need of Shrimp!.
- It’s 2 dozen of shrimp (shell on).
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice (not concentrate).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet white wine.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need of Wrap filling.
- You need 2 of avocados.
- You need 1 medium of tomato.
- You need 1 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- It’s 1 packages of romaine lettuce.
To being, you will need a pound of shrimp peeled and tails removed. Shrimp lettuce wraps loaded with fresh veggies and juicy shrimp. The peanut sauce is exceptional and surprisingly simple. Lettuce wraps are a low carb, healthy dinner idea and they always disappear fast!
Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps instructions
- Combine marinade ingredients and shrimp in a large Ziploc bag. Shake until everything is well mixed and the shrimp are evenly coated. Feel free to adjust the amount of spice based on your preference! Let marinade for about an hour at room temp, or two to four hours in the fridge..
- Roughly chop onions, tomato, jalapeno, and avocados. Cut and juice the limes. Combine and set aside..
- Heat grill to medium-high..
- Skewer marinaded shrimp (our use a grill basket) and heat on the grill until she'll turns slightly crisp on both sides. Time varies A LOT based on the grill, so watch closely..
- Peel shrimp! Not the most exciting part, but those shrimp will be worth it!.
- Take a large lettuce leaf, fill it with 3 or 4 shrimp, and spoon on your filling. Enjoy!.
This post may contain affiliate links. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl and Serve shrimp with rice, lettuce, cucumber or carrot, lime wedges, mint or basil, sesame seeds, and reserved marinade for making lettuce cups. These shrimp lettuce wraps are a great twist on keto shrimp tacos. These refreshing lettuce shrimp wraps are simple to prepare and are great as an appetizer or alone as a meal.