Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad. My mom has been making this salad every summer since I was a child. It is hands down the tastiest and cremiest tuna macaroni salad I've ever had – and always wins rave reviews from guests. Although simple, she experimented a bit before she got it right.
I'm surprised to hear a lot of folks have never had tuna macaroni salad before. Maybe it's more of a southern thing because I grew up on this stuff. Login or register to rate and review recipes! You can have Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Prepare 1 packages of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of tuna.
- Prepare 3 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or miracle whip.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pickle relish.
- You need of salt and pepper (approximately 1 tsp each).
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
In a large bowl, lightly toss the tuna, macaroni, peas, onion, celery, and red pepper until mixed. In a smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and black pepper until well blended. The Typical Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a Any way you mix it up, tuna macaroni salad is a classic dish everyone loves. Everyone says it's super delicious (even those who typically don't care for tuna)!
Mom's Tuna Macaroni Salad instructions
- Cook macaroni according to packag, drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
- Add macaroni to bowl and top with sliced eggs..
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill for 1 hour.
A blast from my past from a mother who didn't like to cook. From the food and travel website, http/www.robinbenzle.com. Tuna Macaroni Salad is a classic potluck recipe. It is creamy with lots of hard-boiled egg, peas, celery, onion, and sweet pickle relish. Tuna Macaroni Salad is a really budget-friendly recipe.