Easy Shortbread Mince Pies. Home » Sweet Treats Deserts and Snacks » Dessert Recipes » Easy Mince Pie Recipe with Shortbread Pastry. Easy Mince Pie Recipe with Shortbread Pastry. Combine the pastry into a ball – don't add liquid – and knead it briefly.
Great recipe for Easy Shortbread Mince Pies. A delicious twist to traditional pastry, these shortbread mince pies are deceptively easy to make. I am not a baker and will always prefer savory to sweet. You can cook Easy Shortbread Mince Pies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Shortbread Mince Pies
- Prepare 225 of g/8oz cold butter, diced.
- Prepare 350 of g/12oz plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare 100 of g/3.5oz golden caster sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 280 of g/10oz mincemeat.
- Prepare 1 of small egg.
- You need of icing sugar, to dust.
BUT this shortbread pie crust with mincemeat filling is hard to resist! I am not a baker and will always prefer savory to sweet. BUT this shortbread pie crust with mincemeat filling is hard to resist! This is a new recipe for me this year and judging by my family's.
Easy Shortbread Mince Pies instructions
- In a large bowl, add the cold diced butter to the sifted flour..
- To make the pastry, rub together with your fingers until combined. Then mix in 100g golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt..
- Combine the pastry into a ball – don’t add liquid – and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough. You can use the dough immediately, or chill for later..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C/392F. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole patty tins, by pressing small walnut-sized balls of pastry into each hole..
- Spoon 280g mincemeat into the pies..
- Take slightly smaller balls of pastry than before and pat them out between your hands to make round lids, big enough to cover the pies. Top the pies with their lids, pressing the edges gently together to seal – you don’t need to seal them with milk or egg as they will stick on their own. (The pies may now be frozen for up to 1 month)..
- Beat 1 small egg and brush the tops of the pies..
- Bake for 20 mins until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then remove to a wire rack..
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar. They will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container..
Shortbreads: I n a separate bowl whisk the flour with the salt. In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter. Check out our easy shortbread recipes to make for afternoon tea, or give our easy cookies a try. Bake your shortbread biscuits into fun shapes with our favourite. Put an imaginative twist on your classic mince pie recipe by using sweet and crumbly shortbread pastry.