Healthy Banana & oatmeal cookies. We need no excuses to share banana recipes. One of the most loved fruits the world over they come in all sorts of varieties and sizes, and are readily (and cheaply) available most of the year round (although it wasn't always so). With this healthy banana bread recipe, you're only a few simple ingredients away from the best banana bread ever!
Before we get into all theses fabulous healthy banana recipes, I want to share a little bit more about bananas, their nutritional profile & what they can do in recipes: Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, an essential mineral our bodies need to maintain a healthy blood pressure. Bananas help promote healthy bacteria in our guts. This easy and healthy dessert contains no added sugar, unless you use the optional maple syrup–which is a delicious touch. You can have Healthy Banana & oatmeal cookies using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Banana & oatmeal cookies
- It’s 1.5 cups of rolled oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour (can replace with whole wheat).
- You need 3 tbs of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 4 of small or 2 large bananas.
- You need 10 of dates.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of honey.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbs of coconut (or vegetable) oil.
- Prepare of walnuts (optional).
- It’s of unsweetened coconut flakes (optional).
Add some chopped pecans to make it really special. Everyone loves ice cream, but we all know it doesn't make a great after-school snack. With its sweet banana-almond flavor and chunky texture, this appealing banana peanut butter "ice cream" is a crowd-pleaser. People who ask me for the recipe can't believe how easy it is to make. —Kristen Bloom, Okinawa, Japan Easy & Healthy Banana Bread This is the BEST healthy banana bread recipe and the last one you'll ever need to try.
Healthy Banana & oatmeal cookies step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Blend bananas, honey and dates in a food processor.
- Pour the banana mixture in the dry ingredients. Add eggs (lightly beaten) and oil.
- Mix all. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add and mix additional toppings if any..
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 125 C in a greased tray or cookie sheet..
- These may not spread so you will have to shape them before baking..
An easy to make banana bread that's super moist and refined sugar free. Banana Bread is kinda a staple in our house. For the longest time it was my "treat" of the day! The ultimate healthy banana muffins are incredibly moist, dairy free and naturally sweetened with just ripe bananas and honey. The perfect healthy breakfast or snack that's freezer-friendly, too.